What does AC installation include?
Your home's comfort depends on an efficient air conditioner to cool it during summer. Air conditioning company mesa arizona ensures your System runs at its best from spring to fall. Our company specializes in cooling homes and businesses. We provide reliable cool air for customers, employees, and families. There are several things you can do before we come to install your AC system.
Although you don't need special training or experience in HVAC products to prepare your home for an AC system, we have provided helpful information to help you understand the different types of AC systems, how to prepare for installation and what you can expect from the contractor. We can help you prepare for air conditioning installation if you own a home or manage a business.
Get to Know the Types Of AC Systems
While you don't need to know everything about HVAC systems to select the suitable model for you, it helps to have a basic understanding of the different types of units. AC installers Arizona wants to help you make the best decision for your space. We've listed some of the most popular AC systems available for your home or office.
- Traditional Split Systems This is a traditional AC system model with an outdoor unit next to an exterior wall. It's located adjacent to an indoor unit. Large ducts run throughout the structure to distribute cold air.
- Ductless Mini Split System - Each home or business room has a fan and evaporator unit. You can control the temperature in each room more effectively because they operate independently.
- Geothermal System This System circulates fluids, such as water, through loops made of underground pipes that transfer heat from your home or office to the ground.
Heating a structure is the ultimate goal. The System reverses this process and transfers heat from the earth to the structure's atmosphere.
How to Prepare For Your New AC System
Do not let the installation day slip by without first preparing your home and business. We will make your air conditioning installation much easier and faster if you follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition.
- Prepare the Ductwork Contractors won't be able to install your AC system if it is clogged with dirt and dust. Before installing your AC system, ensure they are thoroughly cleaned and aired.
- Clear the Area for the AC System Before the unit arrives at your property, ensure enough space for them to work. Also, ensure that the dimensions of the new System are correct for the space.
- Clear a Path For the Contractor – Move any tables, toys, or rugs out of the way to create a path that leads from the entrance to where the contractor is installing the equipment. This reduces the risk of property damage or accidents while the contractor works.
- Check the System Before it Gets Installed On the day your System is installed, make sure you check to ensure that it is the one ordered. The contractor will have done a load calculation during your consultation to determine what type of AC unit you need. It is essential to ensure that the AC unit arrives following your order. This will prevent any problems later.
Steps a Contractor Should Take During Installation
It is essential to know the terminology used by contractors for AC systems. The rating that determines the efficiency of a heat pump's heating system performance factor (HSPF) is what you need to know. Annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) is the percentage of heat your System converts into usable energy. The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) is a rating that describes your cooling System's efficiency. The energy efficiency ratio (EER), which is a rating of your cooling System's efficiency, measures how it would react to temperatures of 95° outside and 80° inside. It also considers humidity levels of 50%. These are the steps that a contractor should follow during an air conditioning installation:
- Disassemble the Old AC System This involves the contractor entering your crawl space, basement or attic to locate the AC system. After cutting off the power, the contractor will remove the AC system's refrigerant, disassemble it, and remove the old equipment.
- Repair or Modify Ductwork Sometimes, ductwork repair or replacement may be required for an installation. While our lead installer begins assembling your AC system, one or more team members will handle this.
- Install the new AC Unit Our team will install your air conditioner according to manufacturer specifications. This will ensure that it works properly. Depending on the AC system, we may install it inside or outside your house.
- We Test the New AC System After the contractor installs the AC unit, the System goes through pressure and vacuum tests before being charged with new refrigerant. After adding the refrigerant, a complete inspection is done. The System is then activated and tested again.
Contact Edison Heating & Cooling to Book a Professional Service
Air conditioning company mesa arizona is the company to call when you need air conditioning installed at your home or workplace. Our HVAC technicians have extensive training and are highly skilled. We will ensure that your air conditioner runs at its best for many years.